Flowers are undoubtedly a big part of weddings. They’re held between the bride’s hands and pinned unto the groom’s lapel. Flowers are arranged at the centre of each table and even thrown at giggling bridesmaids eager for their turn to say “I do”. But the trend in flowers has turned towards the absence of such. And many brides have recently set their hearts on floral bouquet alternatives.
Why is this so? For some, it was the quest for the unique. For others, a desire for something that could be better preserved. And for others still, a way to ease up on the budget without sacrificing style. Whatever your motives might be, non-floral bouquets and centerpieces might just be that charming touch you need for your big day!
Here are a few local options for bouquet alternatives:
- etc Handmade Goodness is Vatel Manila’s craft arm. Their team of talented former brides specializes in customized hand-made items like bouquets made from paper, fabric or felt, and boutonnières constructed from fabric, paper, lace, or polymer clay.
- Candidly Pretty‘s Koni Esteban makes beautiful paper bouquets that look just as delicate as the real thing. You can attend her DIY workshops or, if you don’t have the time or knack for it, hire her to customize your bouquet and other wedding details.
- Cheri Handicrafts by Cheryl Serafico customizes felt flower bouquets for your bridal entourage, and can even craft a glamorous brooch bouquet for the bride–all for an affordable price too!
Outside the Philippines:
- Accents & Petals customizes bouquets making use of recycled and scrap materials such as denim, wood, and even sheet music!
- The Sunnybee on Etsy is the first keepsake florist to feature handmade designs made from everlasting sola wood flowers, which make for elegantly permanent bouquets that almost look like the real thing!
What do you think about these non-floral bouquet alternatives?
Get Your FREE Wedding Budget Planner
Nobody wants you to break the bank just because you're getting married! We want to help you by giving you some helpful wedding planning tools for your preparation.
We're also throwing some EXCLUSIVE Supplier Promos for our readers.