What would be a better way to capture one’s Surigao Island Prenup than to portray glamorous castaways?
Suzie & Tom definitely made the most of their exotic prenup session location, thanks to the brilliant idea of their photographer Oly Ruiz of Metrophoto.
“Surigao was not the venue we had in mind for our E-session. We were thinking to have the shoot somewhere picturesque that highlights the beauty of nature. When we had our 1st meeting with Oly Ruiz and after interviewing us, he did not hesitate to pitch in the idea of underwater shoot with jellyfishes in Surigao. We immediately liked the idea and said yes to it despite being a little bit wary.”
Who wouldn’t be wary about swimming with jellyfish? But then again, there really wasn’t any need to worry because Oly & his team made sure that it would be stingless jellyfish Suzie & Tom would be swimming with. I can imagine how challenging the shoot must have been, not only because they had to travel to a destination as remote as a Surigao Island, but also because of the nature of the shoot as well.
“We never expected that we would be able to pull off the whole shoot without the guidance and help from our suppliers. It was definitely the most intense and boldest thing we did and a very tiring one as we had to move from one location to another and change outfit several times, but we are so happy and proud with the result. A nerve-wrecking experience, but all worth it!”
Going through the photos, you’ll see it was all definitely worth it. I love how the couple looked like glamorous castaways in this Surigao island prenup of theirs. I love the contrast of their formal wear against the unspoiled beauty of nature. The shipwreck is such a find too; their colors complementing the boat’s rust & hull.
The best part, of course, is being captured amidst the bloom of jellyfish. It’s beautiful too that the kind of stingless jellyfish in the area are the translucent ones. Doesn’t it just give off such an enchanting vibe?
So, how would a couple pull off such an amazing, one-of-a-kind engagement session? Here are Suzie & Tom’s tips:
1) Set a budget for your prenup
2) Meet with your photographer and solicit ideas.
3) Have a very unique and creative concept and theme – trust your photographer on this
4) Consult with your suppliers since they are experts, but do not hesitate to give your own ideas
5) Be physically and emotionally ready.
6) Prepare ahead of time the logistics (plane tickets, hotel, transportation, and guide) and itinerary, if out of town.
7) Know the style of your photographer and what your photographer wants to achieve with the shoot
8) Get into the character and feel that you own the stage and be confident.
9) Plan your outfit, collaborate and consult with your suppliers for the best outfit for the shoot.
10) Get a very good HMU artist, as Oly said it, “it can make or break the outcome of the shoot”
11) Enjoy and have fun during the shoot
Watch the Behind The Scene Shoots from Suzie and Tom’s Prenup Shoot with Oly Ruiz of Metrophoto